Chocolate chip cookies with hard boiled eggs chopped up finely in the batter. The result is a fabulously moist cookie.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced finely
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine flour and butter in a food processor and process until mixture is the texture of small crumbs.
- 3Add the salt and baking soda and process until just combined.
- 4Add sugars, vanilla, and boiled eggs. Pulse again until mixture comes together.
- 5Add chocolate chips and combine by hand using a wooden spoon or clean hands. Egg whites may still be visible in the dough but will disappear as the cookies bake.
- 6Make golf ball sized balls of cookie dough and place them on parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten balls of dough slightly with your hand.
- 7Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- 8Remove cookies from oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- 9Adapted from http://www.cookiemadness.net/