2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember telephone number that connects people in need with people who can help. 2-1-1 Northeast Michigan call center is available to connect community members with health and human service resources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Often, it can be difficult to navigate the complicated web of health and human service programs. 2-1-1 has now made it easier to get people in need connected with the services to help them succeed. It is the mission of 2-1-1 Northeast Michigan to connect people in the community with health and human service resources in an effort to build healthy, safe communities in Northeast Michigan.
By dialing 2-1-1, callers will be connected with a trained, caring professional who will assess their situation, identify their needs and refer them to local resources that can help. The 2-1-1 service provides information and referrals for:
- Basic human needs such as food, shelter, clothing and utility assistance.
- Physical and mental health such as medical information, crisis intervention services, support groups and counseling.
- Employment services such as unemployment benefits, financial assistance and job training.
- Support for older Americans and people with disabilities such as home health care, adult day care, independent living, workforce training and meals on wheels.
- Support for children, youth and families such as quality childcare, after-school programs, summer camps, mentoring and tutoring.
It is so simple! If you are looking for a community resource, all you have to do is dial 2-1-1 from any phone and you can access free, confidential help in locating resources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do you have some time to give? Great! 2-1-1 can also connect volunteers who want to help with local organizations who can use their time and talent. Maybe you have some items you want to donate, you can even find out where to drop off your donations by calling 2-1-1.
Help us spread the word to your friends and neighbors. 2-1-1 is the easiest and most convenient way to connect for help or to help in your community.