Librarian Secrets: Favorite Back to School Books
Back to school time is full of emotions for students, parents, and teachers. Picture books are a great way to prepare kids for school expectations at home and break the ice on the first few days back in classrooms
Here are a few favorite back to school stories from the children’s department at Bay County Library System. We want to wish all of the kids, families, and school staff in the Great Lakes Bay region a great year!
Getting Ready for Preschool and Kindergarten:
- Maisy Goes to School by Lucy Cousins
- Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London
- Kindergarten Countdown by Marjorie Blain Parker
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Preschool, Here I Come! By D.J. Steinberg
Back to School Nerves:
- Lena’s Shoes are Nervous by Keith Calabrese
- Chu’s First Day of School by Neil Gaiman
- School’s First Day of School by Adam Rex
- Butterflies on the First Day of School by Annie Silvestro
Funny Books about Schools and Teachers:
- Do Not Bring Your Dragon to Recess by Julie Gassman
- David Goes to School by David Shannon
- Minerva Louise at School by Janet Morgan Stoeke
- Take Your Octopus to School Day by Audrey Vernick
Anne Clark is the Children’s Coordinator for the Bay County Library System and the mom of two young children.
Learn about other Librarian Secrets by clicking HERE!