A new outlook on supplemental learning……
The Michigan Learning Channel (MLC) is a statewide public television partnership offering instructional content to support the education of students and to provide alternative resources for families and teachers year-round. Designed to enrich school learning, the instructional content is aligned with Michigan’s educational standards and follows widely accepted sequences for mastering skills throughout the school year.
Presented by a diverse group of educators, the lessons are generally about a half-hour each and delivered as if the teacher is in the classroom setting. Nearly every program has supplemental educational activities and resources to build on the lesson.
This programming is being broadcast on special on-air channels established by each of the participating public television stations in Michigan. It is also available as a livestream and stored for on-demand viewing on a variety of digital platforms, ensuring accessibility to all students, teachers, and families in the state.
All content is offered at no cost to schools, families and caregivers.
Seem overwhelming? Don’t Worry! Here are some great ways you can use the Michigan Learning Channel at home:
- Co-Watch a show together as a family.
- Identify skills you can learn as a family. This will also help build those extra learning skills.
- Need a break? Turn on a show on your tv, phone, tablet or computer for your children to watch.
- Bring your family together to sing, dance, listen, workout, draw and learn by watching shows such as POP Check and InPACT at Home.
- Need some fun Stem projects to do at home? We got you covered with shows such as DIY Science Time and Curious Crew.
- Help your children to become responsible and independent learners by incorporating sticker charts, reading charts or rewards.
For More Information Please Contact:
Lauren Saj Email: email@example.com or by phone (989)686-9346
WDCQ-TV and WUCX-90.1 FM Delta College Public Media remains committed to our mission – educating, informing and inspiring through commercial-free radio, television and other media, touching the lives of all citizens by providing quality programming and services.